|10/2020 – NOW|
PhD Zoology – University of Cambridge, Cambridge (United Kingdom)
Topic: Adaptions to visually noise environments in cuttlefish
|09/2017 – 12/2019|
M.Sc. Marine Biology – University of Algarve, Faro (Portugal)
Thesis title: Habitat preference and behavioural ecology of bobtail squids (Sepiolidae)
|10/2013 – 07/2017|
B.Sc. Biology – Christian-Albrechts-University, Kiel (Germany)
Thesis title: The influence of terminal end structures on settlement behaviour and attachment strength in the barnacle Balanus improvisus.
Internships & Fieldwork
09/2019 – 09/2019 | FULL-TIME
Marine Biological Association, Plymouth (UK)
Research project on the processing of polarization and intensity information in the visual system of the European cuttlefish Sepia officinalis.
|04/2019 – 05/2019 | FULL-TIME|
HYDRA Institute Field Station, Elba (Italy)
Lab and field work within the scope of my M.Sc. thesis on the habitat preference of bobtail squids.
|02/2019 – 04/2019 | FULL-TIME|
OIST Marine Science Station, Okinawa (Japan)
Lab and field work within the scope of my M.Sc. thesis on the behavioural ecology and habitat preference of bobtail squids.
|10/2018 – 12/2018 | FULL-TIME|
Ecology of Vision Lab (University of Bristol), Bristol (United Kingdom)
Research project on the intricacies of polarization vision in several crustaceans
|07/2018 – 09/2018 | FULL-TIME|
Ikeda Lab (University of the Ryukyus), Okinawa (Japan)
Field study on the spawning sites of Okinawa’s local population of the oval squid Sepioteuthis lessoniana
09/2017 – 05/2018 | FULL-TIME
Ramalhete Marine Station (CCMAR), Faro (Portugal)
Research project on the rearing sound environment of different marine species kept for aquaculture purposes.
|06/2017 – 07/2017 | FULL-TIME|
Hydrobiological Station Umberto D’Ancona, Chioggia (Italy)
Research study on the cognitive mechanisms govering female choice for multiple mail traits in the peacock blenny Salaria pavo.
|Please click on the icon|
Last upadted: 08/2022
|12/2019 – 08/2020| FULL-TIME|
Biocenter – Julius-Maximilians-University, Würzburg (Germany)
Research assistant in the Department of Behavioral Physiology & Sociobiology, working on the spatial information processing and visual flower inspection behaviour of the diurnal hummingbird hawkmoth Macroglossum stellatarum and the nocturnal elephant hawkmoth Deilephila elpenor
|02/2017 – 04/2017 | PART-TIME|
GEOMAR Helmholtz Centre for Oceanic Research, Kiel (Germany)
Research assistant in the Department of Chemical Oceanography, analysing trace gas concentrations in sea water samples by means of gas chromatography coupled to a flame photometric detection (GC-FPD).
06/2016 – 01/2017 | PART-TIME
AGROLAB Group, Kiel (Germany)
Laboratory assistant, working on environmental analyses of fresh water samples.
|04/2016 – 07/2016 | PART-TIME|
Christian-Albrechts-University, Kiel (Germany)
Research assistant in the Department of Human Biology, supporting experiments of first-year students within the field of human biology.
Funding, Grants & Scholarships
- Cambridge Trust European Scholarship (10/2020) – £46,956
- Cambridge C-CLEAR NERC DTP Studentship (10/2020) – £36,289
- Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Research Internship Grant (02/2019) – £4,216
- Portuguese Directorate for Higher Education Merit Scholarship (01/2020) – £2,526
- German Academic Exchange Service Promos Scholarship (11/2015) – £1,642
- University of Cambridge SBS Fieldwork Grant (09/2021) – £1,639
- Malacological Society of London Early Career Research Grant (04/2021) – £1,500
- National Geographic’s S.E.E. Initiative Grant (12/2018) – £1,405
- Erasmus Traineeship Grant (10/2018) – £909
- Erasmus Traineeship Grant (06/2017) – £842
- University of Cambridge SBS Fieldwork Grant (03/2022) – £700
- Erasmus Traineeship Grant (04/2019) – £677
- Hughes Hall Edwin Leong Travel Grant (03/2022) – £500